The whole family is welcome to join in!!!!
Brenda Bonter will introduce many different types of rhythm instruments from different cultures.
We will be experimenting with household items that can be used to create rhythm
- Brenda will demonstrate using items on the list and we will play simple rhythms together.
- Kids will work on their own rhythms then demonstrate them to the group
- We will all try to play them together
- Brenda will teach a few Multi Cultural Rhythms and we will play together on whatever rhythm instruments that the kids have available (could use any other instruments as long as they can all play the same note or chord).
- experiment and have fun!
List of potential “instruments” to collect before class (quite often found in the kitchen):
- metal pots and pans
- plastic buckets or containers of different sizes
- wooden spoons and other wooden utensils
- unopened boxes of mac and cheese or other things that rattle
- any “real” instruments available
To participate – RSVP by email to Marcia LeClear at email@example.com
by the end of the day, Thursday, May 13, 2021
ZOOM link and password will be sent to registered participants before the Saturday event.
If you would like additional information regarding Wheatscouts or to be added to the email list you may call the WMO Office at 989-967-8879 or email at wmo.office@wheatlandmusic.