5161 Pierce Rd
Remus, MI 49340
Wheatland’s June Music & Dance Week (formerly known as Wheatland Music Camp) is dedicated to providing an immersive musical and educational experience for those looking to enhance their current skills and/or build a solid foundation in a new area.
Camp attendees experience week-long, first-class instruction in Old Time, Cajun, Blues, Bluegrass, Celtic, Dance and Songwriting from the best-of-the-best on today’s Traditional Music scene. Wheatland’s June MAD Week Music Staff consists of nationally and internationally renowned musician-instructors, including Grammy and IBMA award winning artists.
In addition to daytime classes, attendees also enjoy and participate in:
- Jam Sessions of various levels and genres
- Squares, Contras, Cajun/Zydeco, Honky Tonk
- Student Talent Show
- Instructor Showcase
- Student Finale Showcase
- Featured bands/instructors
- Other Special Events
- Play and sing Cowboy Campfire Songs around the campfire
- For Honky Tonk Night, attendees get to sing Honky Tonk standards backed by an all-star music-staff band for an all-out Honky Tonk Dance
- At Cajun & Zydeco Culture Hour our music-staff presents Cajun and Zydeco history, share their personal relationships to Cajun & Zydeco culture, play a little bit of music, and take questions from attendees, all while stirring up a big pot of gumbo for everyone to enjoy at the end of the hour!
- And more!
This will be some serious quality time at Wheatland, don’t miss out!