2017-2018 Wheatscouts Schedule:
- September 30 – October 1: Wheatscouts Campout!
- October 14: Nature Walk & Playing with Sticks
- November 11: Kid & Family Dance with Jan & Ron Fowler
- December 9: Lake Effect – Lake Effect with the brilliant Tiyi Schippers will be providing music and stories and so much fun for all who are able to attend. Many of the songs are interactive and allow the kids movement. We will also have an ornament table for a craft. The kids will have the opportunity to make ornament to take home to display their creativity!
- January 13: Drumming demo & workshop with Brenda Bonter
- February 10: TBA
- March 10: Blue Water Ramblers
- April 14: Caleb Hofheinz Juggling Demo
- May 12: TBA
This children’s program was started at Wheatland in 1987 with the purpose of educating children through music, dance, storytelling, crafts and nature while promoting family tradition and fellowship. Wheatscouts also gives the adults a chance to bond with other grown-ups while turning the little ones loose for a couple of hours.
Wheatscouts meet during the months from October – May, takes place from 11am till 1pm in the Gladys Wernette building on the Wheatland Music site. Each season kicks off with a Wheatscouts Family Campout, held on site at Wheatland.
Wheatscouts is offered free of charge, is open to the public and a small healthy snack will be provided. (Feel free to bring a snack to share as well) Each gathering is uniquely themed, so stay tuned to both the Wheatland website and Wheatscouts Facebook Group for up-to-date information.
If you would like additional information regarding Wheatscouts you may call the WMO Office at 989-967-8879 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to be added to the Wheatscouts email list just send a message to email@example.com.