FESTIVAL TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT AND WILL NOT BE FOR SALE AT THE GATE
- Camping is first-come first-served. Each campsite limited to 2 sleeping units (2 tents OR 1 camper & 1 tent).
- NO SAVING CAMPSITES. You may allocate space on your own campsite for those who have not yet arrived, but saving separate campsites is not permitted.
- Handicap camping is first-come first-serve. You must have a handicap placard or license plate to camp in handicap camping. Main-gate volunteers will provide direction to handicap camping areas.
- Wheatland is group camping and “Squeeze Please” is always in effect.
- Wheatland only offers primitive camping. There are no hookups. Areas used as campgrounds are hay fields and woods. No flush toilets.
- Porta-johns and handicapped-accessible porta-johns are provided.
- Water is available, please refer to Festival Grounds map.
- Every campground has a Safety Station staffed by ‘red shirt’ volunteers. As soon as you camp, be sure to locate your station so you know where to go if you need any kind of help during the weekend. Each station is equipped with radios to call for First Aid, Security, handicapped transporters, etc.
# 1. Your ticket.
The only day tickets are guaranteed on site is on Sunday. The Arrival Traffic Map is included with your tickets – this designates where you can line up when waiting to enter the festival site.
Fires, Chinese Lanterns, Firecrackers, Fireworks
Heat-production of any kind in The Pines (smoking, cooking, etc.)
Boom Boxes/playing of car stereos/Amplification
Items to sell (no unauthorized vendors)
Drones/Unmanned remote control vehicles on festival site
Portable Structures in the concert seating area
Selfie sticks in Performance areas
What to Bring:
- Musical Instruments
- Dancing shoes
Setting up Camp
Autumn in Michigan is unpredictable so come prepared for warm sunny days, cool nights and possible rain. Pack layers, plenty of warm bedding and rain-gear just in case. Don’t forget a hat, sunscreen and water bottle for those warmer days!
- Tent, stakes, hammer, rope
- Ground cover for under tent
- Throw rug at tent door
- Small broom/dustpan to sweep tent
- Sleeping bags
- Air mattress, pump
- Sheets, blankets, pillows
- Pillow cases
- Flashlights, lantern, fuel for lantern, matches, batteries
- Chairs, loungers etc.
- Fold up table
- Reusable napkins, table cloths & clips
- Garbage bags to sort trash and recycling (recycling & garbage bags available at campground safety stations)
Hygiene (environmentally friendly products, please!):
- Washcloths, hand soap, deodorant
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, floss
- Razor, shaving cream, comb/hairbrush
- Sun screen / bug spray
- Toilet paper
- Hand soap & anti-bacterial lotion
Food & Water:
- Reusable water jugs/containers — Wells for drinking/washing water are available on the festival grounds
- Reusable water bottles
- Wagon for transporting belongings/food/water
- Note: There are cook stations located in several campgrounds
- Reusable plates, cups, silverware, napkins
- Reusable food containers
- Washtub for dirty dishes
- Bottle opener
- Ice and cooler
- Various food and snacks according to likes
- First Aid Kit Note: Wheatland has a volunteer staffed First Aid Area and transporters for persons who have difficulty walking. Check map or notify your campground station ‘red shirt’ volunteers if you need assistance.
- Any prescriptions being taken
- Dress in layers
- Jackets, sweatshirts
- Shorts, tops, tennis shoes,
- Sandals, boots
- Sunglasses, hat and/or visor
- Rain gear, socks, boots, Misc.
- Needle & thread
- Clothes line rope
- Clothes pins
- Rain poncho
- ID’s for children (ID for anyone consuming alcohol)
- Duct tape
- Back pack
- Fire extinguisher
- Portable ashtray (or altoid tin!) for cigarette butts
- Money for buying food, Wheatland T-shirts and other souvenirs, performer recordings, arts and crafts items from Wheatland vendors.
- Note: Be sure to pick up a Festival Program at Information as soon as you get to the site. This will contain the map showing where you can get drinking water, ice, cook stove tables, First Aid, dispose of recycling / trash, etc.
Early Entry Rules
The main gate will be open beginning the Monday before festival at 9:00 a.m. and will be open each day, Monday-Wednesday, from 9am – 9pm, and Thursday at 9am.
- No entry prior to or after the above stated times.
- If you are an Early Entry worker or vendor, your name must have been submitted by your area leader to be included on the Monday – Wednesday early entry list. You must have an Early Entry wristband to get in.
- Thursday early entry will be done by Early Entry wristband. There will be no list for that day. If you do not have an early entry wristband approved by your crew-leader and mailed to you from the office, you will not be granted early entry. NO EXCEPTIONS. Do not try to get early entrance if you do not receive an Early Entry wristband.
- Spouse or significant other must arrive with you in the same vehicle and must have his or her own festival ticket.
- Children’s tickets can be purchased Wednesday and Thursday at the main gate.
- Wheatland is group camping and “Squeeze Please” is always in effect.
- Each Early Entry “family” will receive 1 camping permit, authorizing use of their camp space. Camp space is limited to 2 sleep units (2 tents OR 1 camper & 1 tent). No “saving” campsites. No Exceptions!
- Any camp found to be without a camping permit will be taken down. Those who fail to comply will be asked to leave.
Early Entry is a privilege awarded for service rendered to WMO. It is not to be abused by volunteers extending the privilege to others. Those who do abuse this privilege will not be afforded the privilege in the future. Volunteers are reminded that they are expected to set a good example for others to follow. Please contact a “red-shirt” volunteer if you encounter any issues.
There are campgrounds nearby to spend the night in the event you are turned away.
PLEASE: No parking on 50th between M20 and Pierce Road.
PLEASE: respect the neighbor’s property and privacy.
PLEASE: stay in your vehicles while you are waiting in line.
PLEASE: Be patient. We will let you in as soon as possible.
With limited ticket sales there is room for everyone.
PLEASE: Remember, we are in this together, and we’re here to enjoy the community and festival that is Wheatland.
Please review the map that was enclosed with your ticket order. Do not park or line-up on 5oth Ave between Pierce Rd and M-20 AT ANY TIME — This area needs to be clear for emergency vehicles, school buses, and local residents.
- FESTIVAL TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT AND WILL NOT BE FOR SALE AT THE GATE
- Childrens tickets (12 and under) are available throughout the weekend at the Main Gate. CASH ONLY.
- Sunday tickets are available starting Sunday at 8am. $25 for Adults/Seniors, $5 for children.
Once the gates open on Friday at 10am, we hope to get everyone into the festival site in a timely manner.
The West/Exit Gate will be used for festival entry between 10am and 4pm on Friday only – use this gate if you plan to camp in DeDannan, Henrie Brothers, Lost World or Backwoods. Taking 60th Avenue off M-20 to Pierce Road will give you easy access to this gate.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.