2018 Info Coming Soon!
“June MAD Week” is dedicated to providing an immersive musical and educational experience for those looking to enhance their current skills and/or build a solid foundation in a new area. Old-Time, Cajun, Bluegrass, Blues, Celtic/Irish, Songwriting and Dance are a few areas of concentration. Wheatland’s June MAD Week Music Staff consists of nationally and internationally renowned musician-instructors, including Grammy and IBMA award winning artists. Camp attendees experience week-long, first-class instruction from the best-of-the-best on today’s Traditional Music scene. In addition to daytime classes with accomplished instructors in the traditional music scene, evening activities consist of jam sessions, dances, performances by campers and music staff, and other great events.
This is some serious quality time at Wheatland, don’t miss out!
Print, complete, and return the with payment included to WMO, PO Box 22, Remus, MI 49340
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY, JUNE 14TH!
3rd Annual June Music & Dance Week: June 18-24, 2017
“This was a fantastic experience at every level.”
“Teachers = World Class”
“Best time of my life!!”
OLD TIME | CAJUN & ZYDECO | BLUES | BLUEGRASS
IRISH & CELTIC | DANCE | SONGWRITING
Fiddle | Banjo | Mandolin | Guitar | Stand-Up Bass | Dobro | Ukulele
Pedal Steel & Slide Guitar | Accordion | Harmonica | Voice
Who is June MAD Week for?
All levels of players are welcome! Whether you are a beginner or veteran, you will be sure to leave camp with a markedly enhanced ability in your area of interest (and a boat-load of new friends!). While June MAD Week is designed for adults, young folks able to sustain an adult level of participation are welcome (parent or guardian required for Attendees under 18 years old).
June MAD Week takes place on the beautiful Wheatland Music Festival Site, located just West of Remus, MI. The Main Gate entrance is located just west of 5161 Pierce Rd, Remus, MI 49340.
Keep In Touch!
- Keep in touch with Campers and Music Staff by joining the “June Music and Dance Week (at Wheatland)” Group on Facebook!
- Stay connected with Wheatland via Facebook.
- You can also be added to Wheatland’s monthly eNews and QuarterNotes mailing lists by contacting the WMO Office (see below).
- If you have any questions, feel free to contact the WMO Office at 989-967-8879 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the name to read bio, view video, and learn more about their classes.
Percussion | Cajun Band
Advanced Cajun Fiddle
Cajun Band Class
Cajun Singing | Harmony Singing | Cajun Band
Intermediate Cajun Fiddle
Mark PalmsOld Time Guitar Accompaniment & Techniques
Old Time Songs & Guitar Accompaniment
Old Time Band
Intermediate Old Time (Clawhammer) Banjo
Advanced Old Time (Clawhammer) Banjo
Old Time Band
Click on the class title to read the
course description, prerequisites, and instructor info!
Classes & schedule subject to change.
Form your own band with guidance from members of our music staff!
Old Time Band | Cajun Band | Bluegrass Band
Designated Instructors are available during the week for one-on-one lessons in the following areas:
In addition to daytime classes, attendees also enjoy and participate in evening activities such as:
Jam Sessions of various levels and genres
Dances such as Squares, Contras, Cajun & Zydeco, Honky Tonk
Performances by Campers and Music Staff
Other Special Events:
- Play and sing Cowboy Campfire Songs around the campfire
- For Honky Tonk Night, attendees get to sing Honky Tonk standards backed by an all-star music-staff band for an all-out Honky Tonk Dance
- At Cajun & Zydeco Culture Hour our music-staff presents Cajun and Zydeco history, share their personal relationships to Cajun & Zydeco culture, play a little bit of music, and take questions from attendees, all while stirring up a big pot of gumbo for everyone to enjoy at the end of the hour!
- And more!
ADMISSION & REGISTRATION
Attendees must register in advance – limited spaces available! Early registration deadline is June 1st. Final registration deadline is Wednesday, June 14th, 2017.
How Do I Register?
What is the cost of admission?
Refund Policy: Week-long Admission Fees are fully refundable until June 1st.