The Wheatland Music Organization, Inc. (WMO) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to serve as a regional resource center, and to preserve and present traditional music dance, arts and crafts. One of the ways that WMO meets this mission is through the Elyce Fishman Scholarship Fund and the Jenine Stickler Memorial Fund.
The purpose of the Elyce Fishman Scholarship Fund is to provide funding to enable residents,giving preference to children and adults from the mid-Michigan area, to enhance their growth and education in the areas of traditional music, dance, arts and crafts. Traditional arts are learned person to person, passed from generation to the next, and influenced by culture, family, ethnicity, and era; they often represent a place or a group of people and can express the thoughts and feeling of a point in history. Examples of traditional music are folk music, olde time, bluegrass, Cajun, French Canadian, blues, Great Lakes, and more. Traditional dance styles may include clogging, Celtic, step-dance and more. Puppetry and storytelling are examples of traditional performance art. Traditional craft arts include stone building, pottery, basket making, quilling, quilting, bead work, spinning, wood carving and more.
The Blissfest Music Organization has given funds to the Elyce Fishman Scholarship Fund earmarked for traditional arts applicants from Northern Michigan or the Eastern Upper Michigan Peninsula area!
Download the Application package
(Be sure to read instruction at the bottom of this page.)
The Jenine Stickler Memorial Fund was established by friends and family to have a permanent and sustainable designated memorial fund in Jenine’s name – an endowment within Mecosta County Community Foundation that serves Mecosta, Osceola, Lake & Newaygo Counties. The Jenine Stickler Memorial Fund earnings will be distributed by Wheatland Music Organization to help children or youth (ages 3-18) with demonstrated financial need to obtain art “tools and equipment” so they can take part in school, community, church and other personal pursuits. Included might be acoustical musical instruments (violin, bass, piano, flute, etc.) or art supplies/equipment (dance shoes, a potters wheel, etc.). Eligible children/youth would live, or attend school, in Mecosta, Osceola, Lake, Newaygo or Montcalm Counties.
Download the Application package
(Be sure to read instructions at the bottom of this page.)
Donations are gratefully accepted for both scholarship funds. Please contact email@example.com for details.
You can also download the donor form here: Donor Form
PDF Application Instructions:
The application may be printed directly from the site, filled out and mailed to:
c/o Wheatland Music Organization
PO Box 22
Remus, MI 49340
Or, the application may be saved to your computer, where you can type in your information.
To save the application to your computer:
1. With the application opened, either click on “Save as” under File in the menu at the top of your browser window, or click on disk icon in the PDF window
2. When the “Save a Copy” window opens, browse your computer to select the place you would like to save the file and click “save.”
3. Locate the file on your computer and open it.
4. Type your information in the fields on the application. BE SURE TO GIVE IT A NAME AND SAVE IT!
5. Once it is complete, print it out.
6. Sign (if you are under 18 have your parent/guardian sign) then scan and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail a copy with the reference letters and other materials, if any, to the address above. You may also scan and send reference letters electronically or mail them.